We are looking to recruit a Children's Safeguarding Officer within Buckinghamshire County Council. The successful candidate will be working in a well-structured, organised team who are growing their social worker staffing levels.
Buckinghamshire pay close attention to looking after their Social Workers and strive to ensure they feel supported and welcomed in their roles. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a stable working environment with experienced leadership, whilst receiving regular supervision and training opportunities.
The responsibilities of the Safeguarding Officer includes:
- Provide advice, guidance and support to Designated Safeguarding Lead for child protection in schools and to other Education colleagues.
- Devise, develop and implement training strategies with regards to child protection and safeguarding for a variety of needs within education, supporting a culture of vigilance and safeguarding to be developed
- Deliver targeted safeguarding training to Designated Safeguarding Leads, to school staff and other Education colleagues, and to colleagues from other agencies, as required.
- Attend multi-agency meetings regarding the safeguarding of children on behalf of the Team Manager, as required.
- To create additional written guidance for schools and other Education colleagues, in response to changes in legislation and the local landscape of safeguarding in Bucks.
- Monitor schools performance on child protection and safeguarding matters in line with Keeping Children Safe in Education and the new Ofsted Inspection Framework.
- Support DSL's within schools to have a good working knowledge of Early Help in Bucks, supporting the right help at the right time to be delivered to learners and their families .
- To be aware of the Council's aims, organisational values and behaviours and their impact on this post.
- To participate in the Council's performance management processes.
- To carry out the duties of the post in accordance with the Council's diversity policy.
To ideal candidate will have:
- HCPC registration
- Eligibility to work in the UK
- Social Work qualified (MA/BSc/DPSW/CQSW/MSc/BA)
Working with Ackerman Pierce you will be guaranteed weekly payment and access to continued profession development, including a dedicated consultant to support you through the interview and on boarding process. The position offers a long contract within a stable supportive team.
To discuss this vacancy or any similar vacancies we currently have available in Buckinghamshire, please email your updated CV or contact Carmen Thong for more information.