Domestic Abuse Refuge Worker - Wandsworth
We are looking to recruit a Domestic Abuse Refuge Worker to be based in Wandsworth. The vacancy will be for an initial 4 weeks with the potential to be extended. The postholder will provide advice, information and support to service users on safety especially around domestic abuse and independent living.
- To provide intensive casework, support, and monitoring of general, and support needs, facilitated by key-sessions, community meetings, and general day-to-day contact.
- To work with women in co-producing a 'Support and Safety Plan', with a focus on the individuals' strengths to meet their chosen goals.
- To fulfil our obligations and responsibilities to inform, and work with any relevant statutory bodies, for example; Social Services in regards to Child Safeguarding issues/concerns and to follow the Safeguarding policies and procedures at all times.
- To provide casework which identifies and build in appropriate support of the individuals housing needs, including supporting them in establishing move on accommodation.
- To help facilitate, promote and evaluate social activities and workshops for residents which may focus on, and encourage empowerment, for example self-esteem and confidence building and assertiveness training.
- To provide accommodation in a safe location, ensuring confidentiality is maintained and that all health and safety requirements are followed
To be successful:
You will be able to demonstrate hands on experience in working with vulnerable adults, showing compassion and empathy to service users who have been through trauma. You will also have the ability to facilitate and deliver direct work supporting women experiencing domestic abuse as well as the ability to work with varied community groups and services and multicultural communities.
Why Choose Ackerman Pierce?
Ackerman Pierce calls upon over 15 years' worth of experience in recruiting directly into the Social Work Sector. We can offer a unique experience within recruitment where you have your own personal consultant, a DBS and Compliance service with a quick and easy registration process. We pride ourselves on a guaranteed weekly payment process.
To discuss this vacancy further or any other opportunities, please contact Seema Choudhury or email in your updated CV to us today.