Youth Offending Services - Operations Manager - Lambeth
We are looking to recruit a YOS Operations Manager to be based in Lambeth. The vacancy will be for an initial 3 months contract with the potential to be extended. The postholder will be responsible for the day to day operational management of the multi-agency Youth Offending Service in accordance with Council policies, procedures and national service standards.
- To lead on a number of thematic areas within the multi-agency YOS providing specialist knowledge and skills in one or more of the following areas in order to prevent offending by young people
- To undertake managerial and administrative responsibilities as detailed in the attached list of competencies.
- To manage a group of staff drawn from a variety of agencies and professional backgrounds. Duties will include formal supervision, workload management, performance appraisal, staff training and development, and the maintenance of professional standards of competence and conduct.
- To monitor group performance in accordance with established performance and local indicators, and to take remedial action where necessary.
- To provide expert guidance and advice to staff
- Being responsible for case allocation, first stage complaints and developing and introducing changes to operational working practice within the service
- Oversight of all cases that pose a high risk to the public or have serious safeguarding concerns
- Assist in the development of and take responsibility for the implementation of performance management and quality assurance systems to ensure local and national performance targets and the objectives of the Youth Offending Service are met
To be successful:
To be successful you will have a Degree in Social Work (HCPC registered) or a Degree in Community Justice with a Level 5 Diploma in Probation Studies or alternatively, educated to degree level together with a Youth Justice professional certificate in Effective practice. Ideally you will also have extensive line management experience in a youth justice setting
Why Choose Ackerman Pierce?
Ackerman Pierce calls upon over 15 years' worth of experience in recruiting directly into the Social Work Sector. We can offer a unique experience within recruitment where you have your own personal consultant, a DBS and Compliance service with a quick and easy registration process. We pride ourselves on a guaranteed weekly payment process.
To discuss this vacancy further or any other opportunities, please contact Seema Choudhury or email in your updated CV to us today.