Parent and Child Domestic Abuse Worker - Hounslow
We are looking to recruit a Parent and Child Domestic Abuse Worker. The vacancy will be for an initial 6 month with the potential to be extended. The postholder will provide parenting support to victims of domestic abuse, and one to one support to children and young adults who have or are experiencing the impact of domestic violence.
- To deliver briefings to schools on Operation Encompass and the holistic support offer as part of the Children Affected by Domestic Abuse (CADA project).
- To prioritise and respond to all referrals received in a timely manner
- To manage a caseload of victims, children and young adults affected by domestic violence
- To increase the safety for victims of domestic violence by informing of safety options.
- To develop bespoke support packages to meet the client's needs
- To undertake safety planning with each client.
- To help and empower clients to develop their own support network.
- To take appropriate actions to safeguard children in line with appropriate protocols.
- To advise on housing options etc and refer and signpost clients to other agencies and services as appropriate e.g. solicitors, housing, benefits, foodbanks etc
- To support clients through the Criminal Justice System.
- To participate in the Multi- Agency Risk Assessment Conference, when/if applicable, by referral and identification of appropriate clients, preparation for, attendance and completion of actions agreed at the meetings
To be successful:
You will be able to demonstrate hands on experience in working with families and young children, working in a multi-agency environment, showing compassion and empathy to clients. You will have the ability to explain clearly to clients how the criminal justice system, housing, benefits and key statutory agencies work in relation to domestic violence and providing complex information in a format that is easily understood.
Why Choose Ackerman Pierce?
Ackerman Pierce calls upon over 15 years' worth of experience in recruiting directly into the Social Work Sector. We can offer a unique experience within recruitment where you have your own personal consultant, a DBS and Compliance service with a quick and easy registration process. We pride ourselves on a guaranteed weekly payment process.
To discuss this vacancy further or any other opportunities, please contact Seema Choudhury or email in your updated CV to us today.