Qualified Social Worker - Long Term Intervention Team
- £28 - £30 per annum + negotiable
- Qualified Social Worker
- Job Type:
- Post Date:
- 20-11-2020 03:14 PM
- Ref #:
- Faye Whitehead
We are looking to recruit a Qualified Social Worker - Long Term Intervention Team within the Social Care industry in Barnet. The Qualified Social Worker role will be for an initial 3-6 months with potential for extension subject to internal circumstance and your performance.
- Manage a Children & Families caseload to include complex and diverse cases, involving assessments, reviews and the preparation of welfare reports and court attendance, to effectively meet the needs of the client group, in line with the competency standards set out in the Competency Framework. The caseload will be managed within the relevant framework of supervision dependent on the complexity of the case and post qualification experience of the post holder but all cases will involve difficult and distressing situations.
- Contribute to and review the development of ongoing initiatives to achieve a more effective use of resources within Children & Families Services.
- Initiate and develop close working partnerships with statutory agencies, voluntary and private sector agencies, carers and those with parental responsibility in order to facilitate effective service delivery.
- Inform advice, counsel and support clients and carers, individually and in group settings, to relieve stress and modify attitudes of behaviour to meet the needs of the client.
- Ensure that information systems, e.g. CAFIS, and client records are effectively maintained to provide up-to-date and accurate information, upon which decisions affecting service delivery can be made.
- Maintain a personal awareness of legislation, departmental and corporate policies and procedures, particularly those relating to Looked After Children, Children in Need and Child Protection, acting in line with these to ensure consistency and a high quality of service delivery across the Directorate.
- Post qualifying experience of working within a statutory Children's team within the UK Social Care industry.
- Well-structured organised team, growing their social worker staffing levels.
- This is a role within the Social Care industry
- SWE Registration
- 1 year post qualifying experience within UK
- Enhanced DBS/CRB (we can obtain for you)
- Eligibility to work in the UK
Benefits of working with Ackerman Pierce:
- Your own personal consultant
- Access to a variety of Social Care jobs Nationwide
- DBS and Compliance Service
- Quick and Easy Registration Process
- Access to CPD
- Guaranteed weekly payment
To discuss this Qualified Social Worker role, or any similar vacancies we currently have available in Barnet, please email your updated CV to Faye Whitehead at or call for more information on 02081033775