YOS Team Manager -Children's Services - Lambeth
We are looking to recruit a YOS Team Manager for a temp vacancy to be based in Lambeth. You will be responsible for the day-to-day operations and practice of a group of staff within the Youth Offending Service (YOS).
This supervisory role will involve developing practice across the team, ensuring that work is completed to a uniform high standard and that policies and procedures are fully implemented, whilst ensuring that young people and families receive a high quality service.
- Deliver practice and operational leadership, which aligns with the Service-wide vision and objectives, driving change and constant improvement.
- Review service requirements, resolve problems and deal with complaints
- Lead on the development of specific policies and procedures to contribute to the continuous improvement in own work and thematic areas.
- Where relevant co-ordinate the work of a team, either formally or as part of a project to ensure individual and team objectives are delivered.
- Keep up to date with changes in relevant policy and legislation to ensure delivery in own work area is effective and complies with appropriate regulations/statutory guidance.
- Ensure that equality of opportunity and anti-discriminatory practice is a priority throughout the service and equality issues are consistently considered in aspects of work.
- Under supervision of the Operations Manager, be accountable for small expenditures from an agreed budget or income and process transactions in a timely manner.
- Allocation of work coming into the service area and responsibility for monitoring the timely completion of recording, assessments and reports in line with statutory policies, procedures and practice guidance.
- To provide expert guidance and advice on youth justice and children's social care to staff and stay up to date with legislation and policy changes.
- To represent the team at external meetings as required and chair planning, risk and practice Meetings internally.
To be successful:
You will have a Degree in social work (HCPC registered) or a Degree in Community Justice with Level 5 Diploma in Probation Studies. Alternatively, educated to degree level together with a Youth Justice professional certificate in Effective practice. Three years post qualifying experience is required and extensive line management experience in a youth justice setting
Why Choose Ackerman Pierce?
Ackerman Pierce calls upon over 15 years' worth of experience in recruiting directly into the Social Work Sector. We can offer a unique experience within recruitment where you have your own personal consultant, a DBS and Compliance service with a quick and easy registration process. We pride ourselves on a guaranteed weekly payment process.
To discuss this vacancy further or any other opportunities, please contact Seema Choudhury or email in your updated CV to us today.