Assistant Team Lead - Youth Justice Service Restorative Team - Wrexham
We are looking to recruit an Assistant Team Lead to work for the Youth Justice Service for an initial 3 month contract based in Wrexham. The main purpose of the role will be to assist the Team Leads to manage the Youth Justice Service which safeguards from harm and promotes the wellbeing of children in need and the safety of the public, across the Borough in line with departmental policy based on relevant legislation
- To assist the Team Lead in advice on professional practice, and in managing the team through its procedures and activities so that it provides an efficient service and high quality service for clients.
- To assist the Team Lead in ensuring the Team operates effectively to meet the needs of the individual clients in line with legislative responsibility, and that the team's approach is sensitive and appropriate to those needs.
- To assist the Team Lead in ensuring compliance with the relevant legislation e.g. Children Act 1989 and Social Services and Wellbeing (Wales) Act 2014, Crime and Disorder Act 1998, LASPO 2012; Regulations and codes of practice / policy and compliance with policies and procedures of Wrexham County Borough.
- To ensure assessments and reviews are carried out in a timely manner.
- To ensure that visits and contact with children and families meet minimal standards and are appropriately recorded.
- To assist the team to be able to respond to constant change, conflicting priorities and deadlines.
- To assist in Safeguarding of Children / Adults and other investigations and ensure compliance with the All Wales Child Protection / Adult Protection Procedures in order to safeguard and protect children and adults from harm.
- To investigate customer complaints.
- To plan, allocate and evaluate work carried out by the team in order to affect efficient running of the service.
- To provide guidance and supervision to all staff which will include social work degree and other students.
- To assist in the development of effective teams and facilitation of positive working relationships.
- To assist in the selection and recruitment of staff as necessary
- To undertake regular team meetings, supervision, assessment, appraisal, and training for all staff, offering support, and monitoring performance with reference to the relevant employee capability, grievance and disciplinary procedures
To be successful:
You will be Degree educated and have extensive knowledge of the youth justice system. You will also have management experience to supervise a team and be responsible for the development of staff
Why Choose Ackerman Pierce?
Ackerman Pierce calls upon over 15 years' worth of experience in recruiting directly into the Social Work Sector. We can offer a unique experience within recruitment where you have your own personal consultant, a DBS and Compliance service with a quick and easy registration process. We pride ourselves on a guaranteed weekly payment process.
To discuss this vacancy further or any other opportunities, please contact Seema Choudhury or email in your updated CV to us today.
The main purpose of the role is to carry out the key generic responsibilities of an investigator, including investigating criminal, Gross Misconduct and complaint cases to include research, evidence and intelligence gathering.