Data Scientist - Violence and Vulnerability - 12 Month Contract
We are looking to recruit a Data Scientist for a 12 month contract to work for a Police and Crime Commissioners Officers. The main responsibility will be to deliver the best possible analysis including the use of artificial intelligence/machine learning that provides insight, prediction and direction to the V&V (violence and Vulnerability) Partnership.
- Deliver the best possible analysis including the use of artificial intelligence/machine learning that provides insight, prediction and direction to the V&V Partnership.
- Analyse all forms of data, make recommendations, consult, communicate and ensure that the best information, context, facts, options, approaches and recommendations are delivered to aid Partnership decision making.
- Deliver compelling and actionable findings and recommendations for improving outcomes for local people and/or Partnership effectiveness.
- Provide big data analysis expertise and advice to the V&V Partnership in order to shape and guide the strategic decision making that informs and drives the Partnerships activity.
- Provide advice and guidance on big data extraction and parameters of requests, to VVU and the Partnership requesting information, in order to build a defined specification that meets the needs of the customer.
- Identify the parameters, timescales and data required to develop and use big data extraction and analysis from commands and upload defined data to ensure that essential data is regularly updated, forms part of the reports to the V&V Operations and available to support V&V workstream leads.
- Identify and report on inconsistent data quality input, to the appropriate system owners in order to raise awareness of data standards and improve the reliability of future data extraction.
- Work with partners across the county on the provision, analysis and dissemination of big data analytics that informs and drives V&V Partnership activity in Essex
To be successful:
You will have proven experience of working in a data analytics environment using AI/machine learning technologies. The role holder should be able to demonstrate a strong working knowledge of big data tools such as Python, R, Hadoop, Cloudera. Spark, Power BI or Hive.
Why Choose Ackerman Pierce?
Ackerman Pierce calls upon over 15 years' worth of experience in recruiting directly into the Social Work Sector. We can offer a unique experience within recruitment where you have your own personal consultant, a DBS and Compliance service with a quick and easy registration process. We pride ourselves on a guaranteed weekly payment process.
To discuss this vacancy further or any other opportunities, please contact Seema Choudhury or email in your updated CV to us today.