Walsall Council are looking to recruit an enthusiastic Community Occupational Therapist to join a great project to reduce double handed care packages. The client offers a full time and part time contract with an opportunity to work from home, a fair and manageable caseload and further training in your portfolio. The vacancy will be for an initial 3 - 6 months with potential for extension.
Main Duties for the Community Occupational Therapist includes;
- Assess the needs and abilities of service users with specific reference to their functional ability, and where appropriate, work with them and others to develop an individual care/support plan with clear objectives based on their input, desired outcomes and the management of risk to optimise independence and choice
- Provide support and advice to service users and carers on how their needs could be partly or wholly met by access to universal and other non-care services.
- Plan, implement and/or oversee reablement programmes to improve and maintain independence either at home or in any other appropriate setting.
- Take responsibility for prescribing, ordering and ensuring timely delivery of equipment, including assistive technology, either from the Integrated community Equipment Service or from any other designated supplier
- Demonstrate the correct use of equipment to service users and their carers
- Using a person centred approach, identify and organise the provision of adaptations to service users' homes, ensuring these recommendations are carried out in a timely fashion
- Undertake re-assessments and reviews of support/care packages as required to ascertain their effectiveness and appropriateness, and present any revised budget decisions to the Resource Allocation Panel (if appropriate).
To Be Successful;
- Previous experience working as an Occupational Therapist in the community
- Manual handling experience
- HCPC Registration
- Enhanced DBS/CRB (we can obtain for you)
- Eligibility to work in the UK
- Occupational Therapist Qualification
Benefits of Working at Walsall Council
Walsall offers the opportunity for additional training for both perm and temporary members of staff within the authority. With new projects underway in various teams, they offer a very competitive rate of pay. Also free onsite parking is offered to all staff.
Why Join Our Agency?
With over 10 years' experience recruiting directly into social care, Ackerman Pierce prides itself on the unique services we deliver to our candidates. Each candidate is assigned their own personal consultant who will support them through every placement. We also offer a DBS and a quick and easy registration process. Not forgetting a guaranteed payment into your account every week
To discuss this Community Occupational Therapist vacancy, or any similar roles we have available, please contact Gavin Wright or email us your updated CV today!