Stalking Helpline Advisor - London
We are recruiting for a Helpline Advisor to work with a domestic abuse charity based in London that protects and supports thousands of victims of stalking. The role is a contract till March 2023. The main purpose of the role is to provide advice and advocacy to victims of stalking within a pioneering multi-disciplinary setting.
- To respond as quickly and efficiently as possible to requests for help, which may be received via email or telephone, giving appropriate guidance to victims of stalking
- To deliver robust risk assessment and safety planning for clients, along with advice and information regarding stalking legislation
- To provide expert support to victims of stalking - including carrying out initial assessments, risk assessments, devising support plans and liaising with appropriate agencies
- To deliver client work which adheres to high service standards, ensuring compliance with all policies and procedures
- To keep and maintain accurate and confidential records of all work undertaken
- To identify and maintain appropriate boundaries for all enquiries and recognise when and where to signpost enquirers for further help/information as appropriate.
- To proactively continue to develop appropriate knowledge, attitudes and skills through regular reading of information and attending training courses.
- To support the training of sessional staff and helpline volunteers as required
- To assist volunteers with complex helpline enquiries as required
- To attend supervision meetings and appraisals.
- To attend case management and training sessions for staff and actively contribute to these meetings.
- To attend and participate in team meetings and strategic away days.
To be successful:
You will have proven experience of working with people affected by gender-based violence, able to conduct risk assessment and safety planning and work in a multi-agency setting. You will be able to manage your own caseload.
Why Choose Ackerman Pierce?
Ackerman Pierce calls upon over 15 years' worth of experience in recruiting directly into the Social Work Sector. We can offer a unique experience within recruitment where you have your own personal consultant, a DBS and Compliance service with a quick and easy registration process. We pride ourselves on a guaranteed weekly payment process.
To discuss this vacancy further or any other opportunities, please contact Seema Choudhury or email in your updated CV to us today.