Qualified Social Worker - Team Leader - Leaving Care and UASC Team
We are looking to recruit a Qualified Social Worker - Team Leader for a Leaving Care and UASC team within the Social Care industry in Kingston.
As a Team Leader you will provide casework oversight and professional supervision to a team of social care professionals to improve the outcomes for vulnerable young people. This is a great opportunity for a Social Work professional to progress their managerial skills in a lively, engaging and outward facing team.
- Chairing review meetings
- Planning meetings for the team
- To provide a leaving care service to former relevant young people aged 18+, including UASC, in line with statutory requirements and departmental priorities.
- To participate in training as required in the interests of the service overall and of career development.
- To participate in supervision.
- To participate in team meetings
- To participate in emergency duty rota within specific role.
- To participate in written recording, or using new technology where appropriate.
- Respond to public and other agencies by telephone, correspondence and direct contact in order to provide a service within departmental priorities.
- Liaise with relevant external agencies e.g. police, health authority etc.
- Liaise with relevant colleagues in other Divisions and Council Departments.
- To be responsible for individual client case planning for young people aged 18+ in line with the professional standards of the Department.
- To be active in implementing the Council's equal opportunities policy in professional practice and service delivery.
- Post qualifying experience of working within a statutory Leaving care and or UASC team within the UK Social Care industry.
- Educated to a degree level with a relevant professional qualification in social work
- Postgraduate qualification in a relevant field i.e. social work, leadership and management
- Active Social Work England registration and proven evidence of continuing professional development Skills and experience
- Experience in leading a team, managing performance and nurturing professional development to ensure effective productivity and outcomes for staff development and service users
- Experience of planning and delivering leaving care services
- Confident and competent with relevant statutory and regulatory framework and of an appropriate range of professional interventions
- Extensive experience in undertaking child protection investigations, risk management & assessments of needs and ensuring the delivery of agreed programmes of care and reviewing team members decisions making
- Proven experience of working effectively with young people who may be reluctant to engage in services
Benefits of the role:
- 29 days annual leave, increasing to 33 days after 2 years and 35 days after 4 years.
- Tailored induction sessions commencing on the date you start working for AfC
- Stable and supportive leadership
- Hybrid and mobile working (between home and work) with latest technology to facilitate this
- Local Government salary and pension scheme (LGPS or Teachers Pension)
- Flexible working options - helping to keep a good work life balance
- A comprehensive Employee Assistance Programme
- A range of staff benefits and discounts
- An excellent learning and development offer to support your career pathway
- Well-structured organised team, growing their social worker staffing levels.
- This is a role within the Social Care industry
- SWE Registration
- 3 years post qualifying experience within UK
- Enhanced DBS/CRB (we can obtain for you)
- Eligibility to work in the UK
Benefits of working with Ackerman Pierce:
- Your own personal consultant
- Access to a variety of Social Care jobs Nationwide
- DBS and Compliance Service
- Quick and Easy Registration Process
- Access to CPD
To discuss this Leaving Care and UASC team, or any similar vacancies we currently have available in London please contact Callum Parr or email in your updated CV to us today.