We are looking to recruit a Duty & Assessment Social Worker within the LB of Barnet. Our client has a well-structure and organised team that are looking to grow their staffing levels. The role offers flexible working hours and has a supportive team culture with regular supervision on cases. Barnet is embedding a systemic approach and is currently undergoing a number of changes focussed on reducing caseloads and improving outcomes for families. This is an exciting opportunity to join a fast-paced and supportive team within the LB of Barnet.
Main duties include:
- To manage a caseload and associated administrative tasks in an efficient and effective manner and work towards managing a complex case load.
- To work in partnership with other professionals e.g. Health, in order to provide appropriate and effective services for service users and carers.
- To assist the team manager and senior practitioner in the development of best practice and ensure shared understanding of child protection within the team.
- To manage a caseload and associated administrative tasks in an efficient and effective manner.
- To carry out assessments as appropriate, including carer assessments, within timescales and to contribute to or coordinate the construction of outcome focused care plans which are informed by best practice, guidance and an understanding of the organisational context.
Benefits of Working with LB of Barnet:
- 30 days annual leave, plus public and bank holidays
- Flexible Government pension options, with contributions of over 26%
- Flexible working arrangements based at our modern purpose-built office based 5 minutes' walk from a tube station and free parking!
- Proactive Practice and Learning Managers who are able to support responsive and co-produced training sessions to meet topical and emerging themes in practice.
- An integrated child and family clinical service with a range of mental health professionals to support your work.
- Manageable caseloads within small teams.
- A vast range of lifestyle discounts from major retailers, supermarkets, energy suppliers and more
- Broad range of payroll benefits including cycle to work, eye care vouchers, travel and gym membership
- A range of training options tailored to social workers including access to systemic training.
- A very competitive pay rate which exceeds most of the surrounding areas with a retention bonus of 15-20%
Why Choose Ackerman Pierce?
Ackerman Pierce calls upon over 15 years' worth of experience in recruiting directly into the Social Work Sector. We can offer a unique experience within recruitment industry where you have your own personal consultant, a DBS and Compliance service.
To discuss the vacancy further or any other opportunities we have in Barnet please contact Callum Parr or email in your updated CV to us today.